Chairman of the Board
TAFAC (Turkish African Affairs Council) chairman Abdulaziz Unal has undertaken many important tasks during his career and started to share his knowledge and experience through TAFAC. Unal speaks French, English, and Dutch. He is married and has two children.
Born in Brussels, Unal continued his education there and graduated in 2004 from Victor Horta Faculty of Architecture, University of Brussels (ULB). In 2007, he made a master’s degree at the same university and started his professional life.
- Between 2012 and 2013, he served as the General Coordinator and the Director of Museums and Libraries Branch at Seka Paper Museum and Science Center, Kocaeli Metropolitan Municipality.
- From 2013 to 2016, he worked as Grand National Assembly of Turkey General Secretary, Advisor of Environment and Urban Planning Ministry, adviser, and architect.
- After serving in the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources as the Special Clerk and Adviser to the Minister, he was appointed as the Adviser to the Minister.
- Between 2016-2018, he served as a Board Member at Botaş International (BIL).
- Since 2017, he has been working as the Alternate Deputy General Manager of Eti Maden and was appointed as a member of the Etimine SA (Luxembourg) Board of Directors.
- On December 10, 2019, he started to work as the Principal Deputy General Manager of Eti Maden.