Besim Sisman, a member of the board of TAFAC, is a valuable business person who has held managerial positions in many important institutions. He speaks English, is married and has two children.
He holds a bachelor’s degree in Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering from Istanbul Technical University and a master’s degree in Business Administration from Bilkent University.
- Between 2005 and 2009, he started his career as Adıyaman Regional Manager.
- From 2009 until 2013, he has undertaken the task as Turkey Petroleum Board Member and Deputy General Manager.
- During his tenure at TP, he was responsible for international projects and strategy development units and played an active role in the development of Azerbaijan, Iraq and Eastern Mediterranean projects. With projects in his professional time, the daily production of TP has increased to 100 thousand barrels for the second time in its 60 years history.
- TP’deki görevinin yanı sıra, Dünya Petrol Konseyi Türk Milli Komitesi Başkanlığı, MEPEC İstişare Kurulu In addition to his duties at TP, he served as the Chairman of the Turkish National Committee of the World Petroleum Council, Member of MEPEC Advisory Board and the IPTC Executive Committee. Also, he was the keynote speaker at several congresses and seminars such as AAPG, World Oil Congress, SPE, and TUROGE.
- He pioneered various projects to ensure the integration of university students into the oil and natural gas sector. He contributed to the development of amateur sports as the President of Batman Petrolspor Club.
- He was conducted by proxy Turkey Petroleum CEO and Chairman of the Board of Directors until 2015.
- He worked as Managing Director and Chairman of the TPA Board of Directors from 2015 to 2018.
- Since 01.10.2019, he continues to work as a member of the board of directors of TAFAC.